- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound spaghetti, preferably Italian
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped, to yield 1/2 cup
- 6 ounces Bottarga, tuna or mullet
- Peeler or small mandolin
- Zest of 2 lemons
Heat 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil, red pepper and garlic over low heat until just fragrant, about 2 minutes, and remove from heat. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until just al dente. Drain and pour into oil mixture and add parsley. Toss to mix well over medium heat and pour into warmed serving bowl. Shave Bottarga over bowl, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve immediately.